Sunday, March 25, 2007

This Week's Progress

I actually made some progress on things this week. I wish I could say it was on getting my dossier moving, but that was apparently not part of the plan this week. My agency, upon getting their license finalized on the 15th, was then faxing one of the dossiers overseas to have it reviewed before the rest of us move forward. The agency wanted to make sure all the documents metVN's preferences before we move on to the next steps - which of course makes perfect sense. The agency figured that would take a week. But of course nothing really gets done quite when you want it to, so I haven't heard anything more yet - but I'm hoping early this week.

I was so relieved for Crossroads to get their license (though I bet a fraction of how relieved they were - it's been a long time coming for them!) but now I'm just nervous for the next step and the one after that and so on. I will be glad to just get that paperwork over there - I hope we don't have to make any major changes and that it will happen soon!

So lacking any dossier progress, I made some progress of my own. I went out the day after the license news and bought a digital camera and video camera. I'd been obsessing over which camera to buy (frozen into indecision, basically) for months, and had a great guy at the store work with me on which items in my price range would fit my needs. Wahoo! I decided that yes, indeed, I truly needed both. Seems fair for a first time mom, don't you think?

Then today I got truly productive and painted the baby's room! I'd picked out the paint color quite some time ago, to match the bedding I'd picked out and received as a Christmas gift. But I held off on buying the paint - I've been foolishly superstitious waiting for the license, didn't want to jinx anything. Silly, I know, but what can I say. Then I thought maybe my holding off on buying things was jinxing things (I already admitted this was silly, right?) so I bought the paint but it sat waiting. So today was the day! I'm actually not very patient with home projects, and my painting skills are incredibly amateur, but I think I did a pretty good job this time! And it's 1000% better than the icky color I'd left it since I moved in almost 3 years ago.

My other progress is I've been surveying friends and family about name ideas. I've tried out a lot over the past year or so I've been waiting to get going, but I think I'm close if not settled. I was sharing my most recent top three with people - Jameson, Keenan or Keegan (and yes, my family is Irish, and much of my surveying was on St Patty's Day, which may have had some undue influence!). Keegan has been the top pick, so that's what I've been "test-driving". I'm thinking Keegan for a first name, Gregory as a middle name after my father who passed away almost 5 years ago, and a 2nd middle name incorporating the baby's birth name, and then our last name. A handful, I know, but I'm liking it. We'll see - it's such pressure!

So there you have it - actual progress! And maybe replacing the floors next week or soon in my room and the baby's room - my poor, willing brother who will be helping me!

Now if the agency/VN authorities can help me out by giving me some other progress to get excited about...

1 comment:

Misty said...

Way to go on the baby room. If you keep busy time seems to go faster...at least that's what I keep trying to convice myself of (hasn't worked for me and I have 1 and 3 yr. old running around)! Hope you have some progress soon.

BTW, I really like the name Keegan. :)

Misty--waiting to pick up my Ethan!