I had a chance to catch up with both my social worker and agency dossier person yesterday, and have now been able to step back from my teetering on the edge of the meltdown cliff. It's funny how even when there isn't really news, if you hear it from the agency it still feels like news. And then when you compare notes with a fellow PAP from the agency, and confirm you both know everything there is to know at the moment, even better!
So the first three dossiers for my agency are in DC and are expected back next week. They'll then go to get translated and sent to Vietnam. Once the paperwork (at least the forms, format, etc) is approved then we can make adjustments and SEND MY DANG PAPERWORK!!!
I figure it'll be at least several weeks before my paperwork starts moving, but it's coming. I'll take any progress I can get! I reminded the dossier gal that since I am working at home, I can be at the office in oh, approximately 18 minutes to do any paperwork revisions - no need to drop stuff in the mail! Hmmm.... could I somehow grab a wireless internet connection from nearby and hover in their parking lot, so I can cut out those extra 18 minutes? :)
Of course since I'll be one of the first families (I'm guessing within the first six families), it's hard to have an idea of when a referral will come. We've been thinking all along that we'd get referrals pretty quickly - they have four orphanages they are working with, and a long-standing relationship with them. But, we just won't know for sure until it happens.
It's painfully funny, the longer this takes, the longer it takes! Does that make sense? Last fall when I started, I estimated I'd travel mid to late summer. Then I thought early fall. Now I'm really, really hoping before the end of the year, but who knows. Good thing I'm such a patient person. Ha!
I do have to give credit to the ladies at my agency though - they are patient with me and remind me that it is ok to email or call with questions or just when I need a little pep talk. I try to lay low and stay out of their hair, and they've given me permission to be more pesky!
My fantastic brother is coming over this weekend to help me with the flooring in the baby's room. Due to icky carpet issues and a related cat issue that is going nowhere anytime soon, I tore out the carpet and am putting in laminate flooring. My room is done. Ok, done meaning the floor and furniture are in and it looks good if you don't look too closely, but I haven't tackled baseboards/trim yet nor put the doors back. Luckily I have a low standard for perfection and a project being "done" in my house! So now we're ready to tackle the next room. Well, still not exactly "ready" to tackle it, but ready to quit tripping over all the stuff that's been moved into the living room for two weeks... It really is questionable whether or not I should actually be a homeowner. Don't get me started on the postage stamp-sized back yard that I woefully neglect.
So there's my non-update update! And here I thought this would be a short blog entry. Unfortunately, there pretty much is no such thing from me - I type fast, thus enabling my rambling habit. I do try to edit, I really do - but that usually leads to more length rather than less... :)
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment