Well, she mostly is! This is Gidget, my aunt's dog. She is staying with me for a few days. I'm not used to the energy of a 3 1/2 year old Bishon who isn't super house-broken! And as much as I'm not used to it, the two below are ESPECIALLY not used to this kind of energy:
This is Maddie - she is a sweetheart, but is scared of everybody except me! She is very attached to me and loves to chase mice in the backyard, but just about everything else scares her. She has been in hiding now since Saturday morning, the poor thing! Luckily she can run faster than Gidget.
It's actually gone very well, and gave me many a realization about the work I need to do before I have a small child in the house!
I also have gotten a few other good things done - I think I finally have done a refinance on my house. Let's just say, I miss my excellent credit rating where I could qualify for anything in a heartbeat! But if this goes as I think it finally did today, I should get back there again and get a bit of relief. Whew.
Then last week I went in to my fabulous doc to update my dossier form (I felt pretty sure it would expire before getting to VN) and to TALK to her about what immunizations I should get. Imagine my surprise when we went ahead and turned me into a pin cushion! Ok, it was a good thing, but it didn't occur to me we'd go ahead and do shots! Yes, duh on my part. But felt good to cross the first round of those off the list.
Just a couple of other quick things. I have accepted the fact that I am completely addicted to reading other people's blogs. Massively addicted. For those of you not sure, check out Laurie's awesome list here to check...
And I just can't get a certain image out of my head. While I understand the original concept, please, oh please, family and friends, do not buy my this as a gift. Thanks, Nikki for burning that image into my brain.
Think that's it for the fluff!
Perhaps tomorrow I'll tackle the weight of the serious stuff - a lot of posts lately that have really challenged my thinking and learning... So stay tuned!
3 comments:
OMG, that pillow is FREAKISH!!
I've had a few dogs in the past on anti-depressants but a cat, really? That is a first for me, LOL! I'm a bit weirded out by that pillow. Looking foward to following your blog.
wow, that pillow FREAKS ME OUT! I love the picture of the crashed-out cat and dog...and the fact that the cat is so much bigger than the dog. I love me a fat cat, myself.
Post a Comment