Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely am not making light of anyone who truly does deal with ADD/ADHD. But somehow on Fridays (or during any given meeting in a corporate setting), I am convinced I am afflicted with a temporary form of the condition.
Now today I had a couple of choices of how to spend my day...
1) Buckle down and get all of my work done, so I could have a guilt-free weekend
2) Decide I don't really feel like tackling my pile of work, it's not due until Monday morning anyway, why do today what I can instead set aside and spend all weekend dreading?
Guess which choice I seem to have picked? You'd think I'd learn...
I'm particularly ADHD today to the point where I'm working on my PC but have my laptop on the desk next to me, doing stuff on there too. In my own defense, all of my blog feeds are saved on the laptop, so as I was looking for a few things there... Ok, no, I'm just massively distracted and trying to do too many unproductive things at once today.
Nothing new on the adoption. I decided to give my social worker the week off from my pesky obsessiveness, both because she'd spent a lot of time on me the previous week and I figure if I wait a few more days, I have a better chance of there actually being news of some kind when I do check back in. Well, I have to admit, while I haven't contacted the agency, I have been emailing another gal with my agency and just shot an email to someone else with the agency to see if they've learned anything. Hey, I never, ever claimed to have the patience of a saint...
And just in case anyone is in the Minneapolis area, I tried out a new restaurant with a friend last weekend - Wasabi Fusion, near the Guthrie on Washington. I guess it's been there about 8 months and is usually very busy, unless you're dorks like us hitting the place on the Saturday afternoon of a holiday weekend, but I do recommend it.
Now, let me start by saying I am not a sushi expert. In fact I joke that I only like "fake" sushi - I like a shrimp tempura roll, a vegetable tempura roll, and some edamame. I may venture to add something like a spicy tuna roll or something salmon, but I'm pretty timid. So take that for what it's worth. But I will say we thought it was soooo yummy. And I usually do not care for Tiramisu, but we tried it here upon our servers recommendation and it was AMAZING!
I'd become addicted to these two sushi rolls when I lived in Madison - the nice thing about Madison is that everything is relatively close, or at least heading into "downtown" isn't that intimidating. Then I move back to Minneapolis, ok the SUBURBS of Minneapolis, and imagine that, hard to find sushi outside of "the city." Fine, I could head downtown, but I actually avoid that whenever possible. It may be pitiful, but I'm a suburb girl. But this place isn't that hard to get to, and now that I know they make my favs exactly how I like them, and they're reasonably priced, I might venture down there again... Though they have metal chopsticks, which is challenging for a chopstick-novice like myself. I mean, c'mon, everything slides right off!
Hmmm... I have about two hours before I meet friends for dinner. I guess it wouldn't be TOO torturous to actually work for two hours, would it? I'm blaming my friend Carrie, she distracted me with some fun news just as I was beginning to be productive, and it sidelined me. So I find an excuse to be distracted every Friday. Sue me...
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, June 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I didn't know you lived in Madison -- so did I! I went to college there, came out to the Pacific NW for law school 14 years ago. I miss Madison and the midwest, though. Have a good dinner. And I firmly believe that everyone deserves a day of pure and utter slacking every now and then.
Thanks for your nice comments! It's reassuring in some strange way that I'm not the only one with these feelings. Here's to good news! Thanks and good luck to you too!
Post a Comment