Friday, June 29, 2007

Wahoo!

My dossier has left the agency building! I repeat, my dossier has left the building!

I had to re-read the email from our dossier person a few times to make sure I understood it - and bless her heart, she emailed me first thing in the morning so I didn't even have to sit on pins and needles all day.

My dossier has been dusted off and sent off to begin its world tour!

So this will keep me plenty occupied for the next 6-8 weeks or so. Hopefully on the short side of that, but I am continuing to work on letting go/accepting the timelines for what they are.

Earlier in the week I'd been told that hopefully my dossier would start moving on Thursday, but I was very, very cautiously optimistic about that - I hated to be massively disappointed again if it didn't happen. And it wasn't a for-sure thing, there were still some agency details to be approved before I could move. But bless their hearts, it happened!

And my partner-in-crime fellow PAP S~ from the agency got her dossier moving yesterday too.

I'm of course hoping that as my paperwork goes through the world tour that the folks in Hanoi can also get the orphanage situation resolved, so that as I'm logged in all the pieces are in place. Though it's a bit risky to go ahead and get moving now (it was up to me whether or not I wanted to hold off or move ahead) I felt that it was a pretty low risk. I absolutely did not want to keep my paperwork over here and have the orphanage thing settled, with babies ready to refer, and here my paperwork is still in MN. Get it over there and let's be ready!!!

Whew - I know I still have such a long road ahead, but to be making progress again after four months of inactivity feels really, really good. There will be massive celebrating this weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! It is the step you have been waiting for, hope it keeps on moving!

Jen said...

Great! That's awesome!

Megan said...

Yeah!! How exciting for you! Congrats.

Anne said...

So happy for you and S~!!! I think you definitely made the right decision to send your paperwork now. The "risk" is worth it ;)
-Anne

mam said...

I'm very happy for you -- now begins a new phase of waiting, of course, but for a new purpose (a better purpose!).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things are moving along for you. May the rest of your waiting be short!

Susan said...

That has to be such a relief for you! Congratulations on a major step in the process. I hope your next period of waiting is a short one.

Cindy, Chuck, and Rhett said...

Congrats on getting you dossier on the way!! Hopefully you will get a referral soon!

Ange said...

Congratulations! you are another step closer. I hope you don't have to wait too long for a referral.