Alright, either I'm getting really old, or my neighbors are idiots - likely a combination of both. I don't usually think of myself as "old" - depends on the situation I suppose. I had a pleasant day today, got together with relatives for a few icy brews and picnic food this afternoon, then had a bit of work to finish up tonight. When it comes to fireworks, I can sort-of take them or leave them, to be honest. Sure they are pretty and all, but my life would go on without them - I think it'll be more fun when I have the little guy here to share them with me.
But as the fireworks started, I figured I really should at least step out onto the deck to check them out. Yikes - there are the neighbors all on their roof, which ends up being just a few feet away from me. Ok, I'm old - I'm not getting onto the roof in the dark to watch fireworks!
Then I realize that I can probably see the fireworks better from the driveway, without the tree blocking them. Sure enough, pretty good view. I also end up with a pretty good view of the neighbors across the street all up on their roof too. I was just thinking to myself, I hope one of you has a cell phone on you so when one of you drunken fools falls off, you can call for help.
See - I'm old!
Now that the fireworks are over, the fool neighbors next to me are playing with assorted loud stuff, including what I swear to you is a chain-saw. Alright, I doubt it's really a chain-saw, I'm sure it's something fireworky, but that's what it sounds like to me and that's what it sounds like to the terrified cats. And it really sounds a lot like they jumped onto my deck from the roof to play with said chain-saw. If I never post again, someone please contact the authorities to mention what I thought I was hearing outside my patio door, 'kay? This is about a step away from being a weird dateline unsolved mystery, if you can follow my creepy train of thought...
I'm old, I really must be old, cause even though I don't have to be up terribly early, I'm finding this rather annoying and call it unpatriotic, but I'm not amused.
Here are some pics I've been meaning to share...
Here is why it can take me a ridiculously long time sometimes to finish my work, and why I think I'm preparing fairly well to try to work at home with a little guy around (the cat is currently on top of where my work usually is - and we go through this game about half a dozen times a day!)...
Here is Miss Abbie checking out one of my fun garage sale finds. The rug is actually about 5 feet by 7 feet - it'll be so fun for the little guy! But with Abbie on it, I just picture a bad horror flick where the gigantor cat destroys the town...
And my goodies from the Baby James benefit:
That's it for today! And, it has maybe quieted down a bit next door - but we shall see - oops, there we go again, never mind that hopeful thought! My neighborhood really is usually quite quiet and family-friendly...

2 comments:
Hmm . . . and here I was last night contemplating taking the whole family out on the garage roof to watch the fireworks. Of course, non of us had been drinking. But we didn't. Turns out you can't see the fireworks from our garage roof.
Hey, I didn't know you had an Abbie too! Of course my Abbie is slightly larger, and much smellier than yours...
Post a Comment