Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

I know, what a title - how often does one see that in relation to this adoption process? But it actually happened. When I heard from our dossier person at the agency on 6/28 it sounded like she was sending the dossier for the state step that day, when that was completed it would go on to Washington DC. I know the state piece is quick, at least here, but I figured heading into the week of the 4th of July holiday that it would slow things down a bit. I was setting my sights low, you know? So I emailed our dossier person yesterday to see if my paperwork had been sent on to DC - figuring that it would at least be on it's way, maybe even a day or two into the journey.

Imagine my surprise when she emailed me back indicating that the dossier had been sent to DC on the 28th! Huh? She obviously couldn't understand how I didn't know that, as she'd emailed me about it. I admit the wording in the original email did have me a bit confused, but I re-read it again today and I still would have come to the same conclusion about where it was headed.

No matter, my dossier is further along than I realized, that's the important thing. I mean seriously, how often can anyone say that? Even better, she said that she expects my dossier back ANY DAY NOW and then it will be headed to VIETNAM. Wow - suddenly it feels like this really might happen!

So again, I'm keeping my expectations low in that I'm hoping to be DTV in a week or so. But maybe, just maybe, it could be by the end of this week!

Again, who knows how long things will take after that, but just to finally accomplish this step will be so huge.

I hope more pleasant surprises are coming my way!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Almost DTV!

Shawna said...

It's about time :-) And I say that with complete and total sincerity, as you well know!

Anne said...

Congrats on ADTV (Almost DTV)!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's great! You're right -- how often can one say adoption things are going faster than expected? Wow!

My Franks said...

This will be a big step completed! Congratulations. There is so much waiting! And the next wait (referral) will be amazing, hopfully the joy of this will carry you through the next (and last) wait!
-Crystal