Monday, July 23, 2007

I laughed, I gasped, I cried...

Alright, after a very concerted, dedicated effort, I just finished Harry Potter. Don't worry, no spoilers here yet - I don't want to ruin anyone else's fun, at least not yet.

I've been hiding from the internet, blogs, tv and radio for 48 hours now, terrified I'd have it spoiled for me since I couldn't start the book until last night. Darn computer problems leading to my work not getting done early, and darn mom's birthday celebration that added to the delays! Ok, forget the birthday part, we had fun, but still... I just couldn't go into the weekdays not knowing how it ended - plus I just couldn't put it down!

Is it silly to cry when you're reading a book like Harry Potter? Please, tell me I wasn't the only one? And no, if you're not done yet, don't assume I've given anything away - I cried in several places of the book, and I cry at happy and sad stuff on tv, in movies, books, etc. all the time!

So, who else finished and what did you think?

The unfortunate part is it is now 1 a.m. on Sunday night/Monday morning and I am quite wound up at the moment - I don't think I'll be getting a very good night's sleep tonight, but it was worth it!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Well at least you finished at 1am, I was up until 3! Oh my, oh my, oh my...loved the book! And yes, tears fell, over many different things...

Anonymous said...

Your post title is perfect! I did all of those things! And after spending an entire day doing nothing but reading the book it took me quite some time to detach from the emotion of it all and get my head back into the real world. I think perhaps this was my very favorite book in the series.

Megan said...

I cried several times. And walked around in a fog after finishing, in disbelief that the series was over. I thought that it was excellent. I can't wait to reread it.

Tasha Kent said...

This is the fifth! adoption blog I read where someone stayed up past midnight to read the book.

I guess I need to figure out what Potter mania is all about as I've never read a single Potter book nor seen a movie.