Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ha! What was I thinking?

Alright, my momentum in regards to the garage sale idea is already back to a halt. I reserve the right to change my mind, but I just think a massive garage sale (one where I had visions of also doing a bake sale and hot dog/cookie/lemonade sale) is beyond my abilities. Yes, I could get some help. However, I am the Queen of Procrastination. No, really, it's my tiara and I challenge any of you out there to be able to claim it from me. I'd organize a contest of sorts to see if there could be a new winner, but of course I'd never get around to it.

One look at my kitchen and dining room table tonight reinforced for me why I don't do garage sales. No, not because I don't have things to get rid of - it's actually quite the opposite. But because I just do not get going on projects. I will spare you a picture of said kitchen, because really you would all be too scared to ever stop by my blog again. I could give more examples, but I'll spare you, just trust me on this one.

Shoot, isn't there a way for me to raise money while sitting on my couch on my laptop? Oops - yes, there probably are some ways to do that, but I didn't mean to head down any sketchy roads there.

I think rather than obsess over trying to tackle a big garage sale, my time and efforts would be better spent focusing on:
1. Eating out less - something I need to do for many reasons!
2. Getting a consistent exercise routine going - no, this isn't financial, but desperately needed...
3. Just start picking up more work. Once our big fall project kicks in, I really can just sit on my couch on the laptop all night and do pretty well, I just need to hang tight for a few more weeks.

Perhaps my momentum pendulum on this idea will swing back the other way again - it already has about a dozen times, so insight and suggestions are still welcome! In the meantime, couch, laptop, blogs and Kathy Griffin repeats are luring me away from productivity...

P.S. I am so sorry to those of you who read my blog (or at least used to before you gave up on me) whom I owe emails. I really will catch up soon - please forgive me and don't write me off! Off the top of my head, I'm thinking of you Barbara, Cindy and Karen!!! I promise to email back very soon!

4 comments:

saucygoat said...

I do the same exact thing. We had planned on a yard sale in June and I kept pushing it back and pushing it back. The official date for it is now this Saturday and I'm rushing to get everything done even though I had an extra 2 months to do it. ;p

LaLa said...

Ha ha...yeah, I may try to steal that crown from you so watch out!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't give up - i am still out here reading up on you! No news here but I did get one new picture of my boy. So darn cute.

Deanna said...

Thanks for the note on my blog and congratulations on your upcoming adoption. It is the most stressful/exciting thing you can ever do, isn't it? I am loving your blog, too!

I know what you mean about this whole garage sale thing, we did a small one and Oi! The night before we started, I remembered I HATE garage sales and I remembered why! :)

Anyway, I will be sure to keep up to date on your progress! Vietnam is one place I have always wanted to visit, so I am going to enjoy following you vicariously!