Thursday, July 5, 2007

Whew

I am still here - whew! The craziness next door actually subsided after my posting - though I know they still have more various firecrackers - so more fun to come!

It occurred to me today that what I wrote didn't really end up describing it the way I meant - and I felt a little badly! One of the big things was how as I saw everybody on the roof, my first thoughts were about how no way would I try that these days! I figured I'd fall off, I'd fall through the roof, something like that - I felt like an old fuddy-duddy that this was how I automatically was thinking! So that was the big thing.


But also, I thought this pic might help demonstrate why I was a little stunned by the situation... Here is a picture of me standing on my deck shooting the roof of the neighbor's house (overgrown plants and all):

If it looks like we're fairly close, it's because we are! It's usually a nice set-up, actually. My home is a "detached townhouse" where the association takes care of the front yard and part of the exterior, and I have a little fenced-in backyard that I take care of (sort-of, as anyone who reads regularly knows!). The units are close together, but we don't have windows that face each other - so the guys and I can't really see each other, other than perhaps a little bit in the back yards. So to walk out casually onto my deck and realize there's a handful of people on the roof just about jumping length away was just a little startling, since I didn't realize they were out there! And I swear they were still on the roof when they were playing with whatever those chain-saw sounding things were!

So, just to try to better explain why I thought it was so crazy...

Also, just another shot of my Abbie taken just now showing that she really does hang out like this - she's very content this evening, and now she's literally licking the air - this funky thing she does sometimes, she starts out cleaning herself and then gets so wrapped up in it she's literally just licking the air! She's a goof... And to Jen, we might have to compare our Abbie's - mine is pretty big and stinky too, you'd be surprised!

And I'm so happy, "Big Brother" is back - yahoo! I am a bit of a reality TV fan, I don't know why. These days I've actually cut back and mostly it's just on as background noise as I catch up on blogs. But I've watched BB in all it's nutty glory since day one and it's crazy summer entertainment.

Then I turned on "Hey, Paula" just to try to figure this nutty chick out. Really, why don't these people surrounding her do something to help (reminds me a little of Anna Nicole, actually)? Sorry, but she is not in good shape. Note to Paula - just because you're not buying the drugs on the street, just because they come in a bottle with your name on them, does not mean they are not causing you problems and making you look like a fool. You can still have a drug problem with prescription drugs. That's my theory anyway, since the girl is clearly not all there. I feel sorry for her team, she is looking like quite the diva and you can tell on camera that they're just worn out by it. But shame on her overpaid publicist - just because she signs your checks doesn't mean you shouldn't actually do your job once in a while and try to mitigate the damage she's doing to herself! But it is a bit funny...

And yep, I'm playing around a bit with the blog colors - I doubt it'll stay like this, but I was just needing something a little different.

I'm hoping my dossier is on its way to Washington DC, but I didn't ask for an update this week - I'll check in early next week if I haven't heard, I figure with the 4th in the middle of the week it'll take a little longer than usual...

4 comments:

Jen said...

Here's some pics of my Abbie:

http://jimandjengotovietnam.blogspot.com/search/label/furbabies

She's the big white one with the black spots...

Anne said...

I haven't seen Hey Paula yet, but I will have to catch an episode...sounds very interesting... Can't wait to hear an update on your dossier! ;)

mam said...

That is one adorable cat belly! What does she do if you go up to her and bury your face in the belly for kissing? Because that's sure what I'd be tempted to do...

Francie the "wise" said...

Hi Stacy,

I'm also a single adopting from Vietnam, although I am just at the very beginning of the process, so I'm glad to find a blog written by another single (I saw the link on adoptvietnam.org). I looking forward to reading it.

And Abbey the cat is adorable. She looks to be about twice the size of my Hannah.