Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This, That and the Other

Hmmm, lots going on in the past week or so...

The good:
Great news at These Are The Days
Travel this weekend at Groucho's Family
Travel TOMORROW at Bringing Home Be
Bright is home at Banku, Pho, and Fried Spiders!
And Baby James gets to hang at home for a bit!

And in my own little world (keep your sights set low here!:
There is a sushi restaurant in my city! That is dangerous but yummy news!

Work is picking up again - I will be happy to have healthy checks again.

I got some awesome deals at a garage sale last week - lots of toys for the kid!

I met up with another local family working on adopting from VN. They are with another agency who is also new in the VN program, and it was comforting to see that things just often move slowly in the first months after getting licensed. This family probably thinks I'm a nutcase though, cause I ramble on so much (who, me? long-winded? who'da guessed???)
Umm... I'm pretty sure I had more when I was mentally writing this, but I've lost them...

The not so good:

My dang dossier continues to collect dust. Do you suppose they'll still be able to find it after sitting on the desk at the agency for four months?

I had been under the impression (per multiple sources from the agency) that they was ready to start sending dossiers again. As in "soon, " as in NOW. Now I'm hearing that nobody knows what the game plan is. I plan to touch base directly with my SW tomorrow to try to drag info out of her. I really, really would just a) like some progress, b) like a plan and c) like for them to stick with the plan. Please, pretty please?

Health Insurance bites. Well, insurance is good, acquiring it bites. If anyone has suggestions of where to turn when you are self-employed and need an individual plan, where you won't be turned down because you plan to adopt within the next year, and where they won't jerk you around asking for unnecessary test to try to jack up your rates, please let me know. This is getting far more complicated than I'd anticipated.

Baby bunnies are cute. They are not so cute when your cat brings them into the house from the backyard. Such an event leads to many issues... a) in this case, when the bunny is still alive it tends to be terrified and runs away from you and both gigantic cats who would love to "play" with it. b) cats will not be cooperative in being escorted out of the room. Both cats will now torture you constantly to either let them back outside to find more bunnies or to let them back into the room where the current bunny is. c) you will be stumped as to how to help the poor surviving bunny back out to his/her home. You will try to build "stairs" or a ramp up to the window, leave the window open for hours at a time hoping the poor thing will find it's way outside, but you will also have a hard time telling whether or not the mission has been accomplished. d) you have to "ground" the hunter kitty from going out into the yard (fully enclosed, but filled with mice/shrews and apparently families of bunnies) and she will make you miserable for it - including at 4, 5, 6 and 7 a.m. as well as every half-hour or so while you work, made apparent by coming and sitting on top of your work. e) you will wish hunter kitty did not have such a strong drive to bring her yard finds into the house for you to see. I can be perfectly proud of her while she keeps this stuff out in the yard, I really can.

Of course, all of the bunny drama will begin just as you get back from getting the mail where the frustrating health insurance information just arrived, and you went to get the mail to take a break from the computer where the adoption agency non-progress has presented itself. And you still have about four hours worth of work to finish for the day.

So raise your hand if you are tired of my whining! Yep, I agree. Raise your hand if you think it's time for me to personally have some good news to report on this blog! Yep, I agree. Thanks for being so agreeable!

When taken in context with all the other people having great news, I really can take stock and see that there are really good things happening out there. I am really excited for all of those families - am I a goober to cry in reading the happy and sad developments of these families? I'm just struggling with my patience and wondering if this thing really, truly is ever going to happen on my end! I am hoping that as the week develops, my "good" list for the week will expand. I really, really am working on the positive thinking thing, but it's still a work in progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried all the time when we were waiting. All. The. Time. And while all of the waiting was frustrating, some of the most frustrating was the "waiting to wait" ... in other words, waiting to be able to submit my dossier so that I could officially be waiting to bring my child home. So, whine away! I think you've earned the right. :-}