First, thank you for all the great and supportive comments since my last post. It was definitely cathartic to get it out there and I am feeling more myself again. I tell you, I worked on the post, set it aside for a bit (always a good plan whether it's a post, angry email to family/co-worker/boss, etc), edited it and then hit the "publish" button and ran! Ok, not quite that bad, but I'm that way sometimes - when I send my resume somewhere, or when I sent my homestudy write-up off to my SW - I send and run. So thank you for your support!
And as promised, this post is a little lighter in nature. I have been doing shopping bit by bit over the last ten months as I have worked on this adoption (Ugh, ten months already?). My justification is that not only is it fun and a stress-reliever, but by spending the $$ bit by bit then it won't be such a shocker when I really need everything.
But one thing I've been itching to start getting, but have been holding off on, was
gDiapers. I discovered them I think from a link in
Bringing Home Be (by the way, you have GOT to check out the video they posted this weekend!) and I know they use them with Amos at
Long Adventures too. So I've been scoping them out and I really want to give them a try. I'm not a super "green" person, but I am hoping to make progress and cutting down on how many disposables I contribute to the landfills seems like a good place to start. But of course since I don't know the size and age of the Little Man, this seemed like one purchase where I really needed to wait. Sensible, eh?
That is, until via the gDiaper Yahoo group they announce not only that a new and improved version is coming out August 1st, but that the current stock is all on sale - at half-price. Well, geez, I'd be a dumbo to pass them up on sale, right? Then they offered a discount on the new items to the the Yahoo group for a few days - so again, I must take advantage of this, right?
I bought only the larger sizes (old version goes up to 26 lbs or so, new version to 28 or so) which I think I should be safe. I mean, usually everybody's babies are itty-bitties, though I can about guarantee I'll get a chunky-monkey because of the shopping I've already done.
Anyhow - really - how can these be passed up? By the way, they are SOOOO soft!

I will neither confirm nor deny that this was my complete first order. I may or may not have gotten a little click-happy while adding things to the cart during the sale. But I will post again when I get some of the new colors too. I think in the fall there will be even more to pick from - though honestly I think I will be covered on covers for a while. Now if I could just get the guy to put in them. I thought about trying them out on big-belly Abbie the cat, since she is close to the right size, but I didn't think she'd appreciate it all that much. One more for cuteness sake...

And... I don't think I covered this already, so excuse me if I have. I was given the opportunity to help with the planning of our agency summer picnic on August 18th! They are trying to have each country represented with some parent involvement, and I think since I live in the area, work at home with flexibility and I am "detail-oriented" (which is my SW's kind way of saying detail-obsessed) they figured I would be a satisfactory addition to the committee. It's been fun, all of the RSVP's are coming to me and it's fun to see the make-up of the families, where they've adopted from, etc.
More info should be getting to families soon (I would hope so, as the picnic is now less than two weeks away) but in the meantime I am begging any and all Crossroads families who read this, especially you Vietnam families (which I would imagine is the only group of my agency families reading, but you never know!) to please come to the picnic!!! Please, pretty please? Don't leave me hanging all by my lonesome-Vietnam-prospective-adoptive-parent-self! hehehe
On that note, I shall close out one more posting of Stacy's Ramblings!
2 comments:
Those are AWESOME! I have never seen anything like them! Since I am a gardener, I am completely sold on the fact that you can compost them.
Thanks for the link.
There is a g-diaper Yahoo group? Is the sale over? I, like you, have just been waiting to see what size our guy will be before I order anything. Then, of course, there is McH who would rather jut stick with the familiar same-old-same-old diapers, but I really want to try these!
Post a Comment