Sunday, August 26, 2007

I've Been Tagged Again and Other Misc Ramblings...

Ok, I've been tagged by Shari! Here are the "rules":

You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged, you need to write your own blog post containing your own middle name game facts. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged & to read your blog!

Alright, boy do I get a challenge with this one with my middle name - Elizabeth. Cripes - go grab a drink and a snack and get comfy, cause this will take a while! Then I'll have to be tagging half the blogging world in turn - so I'm going to be lazy and tag you here rather than leave comments, or else we'll never wrap this up!

Here we go:
E Excitable - good news, bad news, it all gets me mighty wound up!
L Loving and Loyal - to those I adore, I can get very "mama bear" and protective when needed
I Impatient - about many things, but mostly these days over this adoption!
Z Zzzzzz - I love a guilt-free day to sleep-in and snooze!
A Almost 40 - yikes, how did that happen?
B Babies on the brain
E Exercise - something I USED to be so good at doing, and now feel guilty daily for not doing.
T Talker - I really do talk too much (or write too much). I worry about it sometimes, I really do!
H Hugs - I love to give my friends and family hugs - I'm a hugger!

I see in catching up to some blogs that several of you have already been tagged - and I may re-tag some of you that I haven't realized yet are tagged. Basically let's say this - if you want to play, please do! And I'm trying to pick peeps who are pretty open with their info already - meaning if you don't really disclose your name on your blog, I won't ask you to disclose your middle name! Geez, how many more disclaimers shall I put on?

Ok, consider yourself tagged: Laurie, Nicki, Jen (VN or Bust!), Nesha (if you feel up to something light, I see you have a lot going on), Lina, Jen (Maisy's future mama), Megan, and to break out of the VN adopt circles I'll add Deanna (ok, you don't really have time right now, but maybe you could use the distraction!) and Karen.

Good grief - did I count that out correctly? Oops - actually I didn't the first time through. But I have now officially accomplished the task!

On other notes... this coming week I will be the proud owner of both a new furnace and new air conditioner. Just what I was looking to buy in the midst of the adoption. Consider it my second and third adoptions I guess, as they are tying up the funds I was hoping to use for #2! I know, nothing like getting way ahead of myself.

I knew I'd have to tackle this eventually, but my a/c has gone out. Granted I've been lucky and didn't really need it right now (no, Laurie, I promise I'm not trying to rub it in - is it still 90 in CO?) but I hated to spend $300 for the second summer in a row just to be told there were no guarantees how much longer it'd last. And I'm wimpy and am used to having a/c, part of which I justify with the fact I work at home. But really, if you tackle the a/c you need to tackle the equally old furnace. I know it's time, or will be soon. I was thinking about trying to squeak one more winter out of it. Then I had visions of being gone to VN over the winter and having the furnace go out while I'm gone, and being a Minnesotan it would of course be 90 below zero at the time, and it would just be ugly. And don't tell me that anybody, but especially a single female, won't get ripped off trying to buy a new furnace in the middle of winter.

So I am going ahead with it as I figured the comfort and peace of mind are worth doing it a little early. And I'll admit it, I am sort-of nerdily excited.

Aside from that, not much going on. I have reaffirmed that my lack-of-adoption-updates tolerance is 12 days. Which sucks, cause you can break down your adoption process into a heck of a lot of 12 day increments. And I don't feel very optimistic about getting solid news on anything too soon. So, struggling again with frustration on this and whether or not it will actually ever happen. I am about 11 months into this officially, and 19 months if you tack on the time between deciding to move forward and actually turning in the paperwork. I did some guesstimates today of how much longer I have ahead of me, and I wasn't a happy camper to put it together like that. But you never know, things could start moving at any time...

Perhaps this week will have some forward progress. Even if it doesn't, I'll have a new furnace and air conditioner to "play" with - and really, that's practically the same, right? ha - no, but I'll have to take it for now...

8 comments:

LaLa said...

great answers..hey, I love to ZZZZ too : ) Sorry about the ac and furnace but hopefully you will have some news on the baby front soon!!

Jen said...

You definitely need good ac and furnaces in MN! Hello! The Continental effect on temperature!

Anyway, thanks for tagging me; thank goodness I only have 5 letters in my middle name...

And how did you come up with 12 days? I'm totally random when it comes to requesting info, like right now I'm at 12 minutes, which seems like 12 years to me and 12 nanoseconds to the agency...

Anne said...

Our A/C crapped out on us this week, too!!! We might have to get a new one--not sure yet. But it just really sucks, doesn't it? Don't our major appliances know we are adopting and can't take the extra expenses?? ;)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You need AC in MN just to get rid of some of the darn humidity in the air! Well, congrats on the new appliances! ;-)

Thanks for the blog tag... I'm gonna reply tomorrow (busy doing State Fair with the pups the past few days).

Just to let you know, I put a password on the blog. Email me via the blog to request it. I'll happily give it out to all my other 'blog buddies.'

Deanna said...

Thanks for the tag! I will do my best to get it done before I leave :)

mam said...

Oh, I miss the zzzzzzzs! I used to be able to spend 48-hour weekends doing nothing but eating snack food, reading, and watching movies. Enjoy while you can -- it won't be much longer!

Lina said...

Thanks for the tag! It's my first...LOL. I'll get to it soon...this week has been crazy.

Jen said...

Thank you so much for the kind words you left on my blog. I have been wondering about you too lately and hoping that all is well. Don't worry, I'll let you know when I am ready to start blogging again!