Saturday, August 11, 2007

Freaky

Thanks to Groucho's Family I was led to The Book Quiz where the results are feeling a bit freakish tonight. I have to be honest - I can't remember if I like Faulkner or not, it's been many years since I've read any of his words, but the description below is pretty much hitting the nail on the head tonight (yes, in an overly dramatic fashion, but still pretty dang close). Ok, don't worry, I am discounting the "brilliant" comment, but the rest of it... I'm just having one of those weekends where I'm frustrated and ornery about this adoption process. Let's just say I hope something develops in terms of progress and/or good news in my adoption world this coming week or I'll be a lot of fun at the registration table of our adoption picnic next weekend... But seriously, go take the quiz!



You're The Sound and the Fury!

by William Faulkner
Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

On a brighter note... I did have the chance to meet up with Jennifer and Anne for dinner this week (Shawna, I'm sorry you couldn't make it but I know you couldn't pass up the new arrival!) and it was a blast. I had an awesome time getting to have such great discussions and I hated to leave. Luckily now I've learned that it's a pretty easy drive and I hope we get together regularly from here on out! As frustrating as this process is, I am a lucky gal to be making such great new friends online and now in person as well.

And I got to distract myself for a bit this afternoon with going to see The Bourne Ultimatum - which is just what you'd expect of it. I had to think how people who get motion sick could not possibly go see that movie, but all in all it was a good couple of hours. I hope they're already working on #4 cause there are definitely a few things I need more info on!

Alright, back to watching "Speed" for the 100th time on FX. Honestly, can you believe this movie came out the summer of 1994? I am so old...

3 comments:

Lina said...

Thanks for the link to the quiz - I'm going to try it too. BTW, I'm a fellow Minnesotan - I don't know if I told you that. I love reading your blog.

Anne said...

I'm going to take the quiz, too! I will post my results (unless they are completely embarassing--I'm afraid it will come out to be Dr. Seuss' "The Cat in the Hat"!) So glad to have such supportive PAP friends to lean on--thanks a bunch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the quiz -- I needed some distraction today!
Jen
www.maisyjoinsthepack.com