Well, everyone, it's official - Delaney and I are family! Yesterday was a very crazy day with some stress and chaos and this morning had a bit too, but in the end everything is signed and the two of us are back at the hotel. She can definitely tell something is different, she's been a bit fussier than I'd previously seen her but now she's sleeping on my chest as I type. I got to see her birthmom briefly before we left and though it's hard to read how she's doing, she is solid in her decision and is looking forward to photos and other updates as we move forward which I'm thrilled to do for her.
Really, I just can't believe it. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and for something big to go wrong but other than a few local social worker challenges everything went off without a hitch. I'll share a few stories after I've caught my breath. I really didn't have doubted her birthmom would sign, but I just worried that something else would happen and they'd take her away. But nope, we're family now!
Of course more stories and pictures to come as I get settled, but figured at least a few people out there might be waiting to hear that it did happen!
Thanks for all the support - it's been so much fun to know so many others have been so excited for us. Now I just have to hope for quick state approvals (supposedly it could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks - you know which I'm hoping for!) and then we can get home and truly start our life together.
Here are a couple of new pictures:
More later!

15 comments:
Yay! Congratulations -- MOM!
I am SOOOOOOO happy for you and the little sweet heart!!! God bless your sweet family!!!
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!!!! And for Delaney too because now she has an awesome mom. (Hope you don't mind but I wrote about your story on my blog.) Your journey gives me hope that it'll happen for us sometime soon.
I love happy endings.
Wow, congratulations!!!! She is just gorgeous!
Congratulations!!!! That was so fast! She is just so adorable, what a lucky mom you are!!
Congratulations!! Yay!!
What a beautiful baby girl. Congratulations, I'm overjoyed that things worked out and you are now a mommy :)
CONGRATS MOMMY!!!! She is beautiful and I know you are over the moon!!
Congratulations! You must be over the moon!
Wonderful! Can you believe it; does it seem real? I'm so happy for you. It's been a hell of a couple weeks, hmm?
Congratulations!! This is just wonderful - I'm so happy for you and the little one!
OH MY GOSH, how did I miss this????
CONGRATS! Delaney is just gorgeous, and I love her name! I am so excited for you! That is fantastic!
That is just wonderful. I know there is a lot of paperwork and stuff that goes along with adoptions. I'm glad everything has worked out for you.
Congratulations! This is so amazing. What a crazy journey, huh? Your are a Mommy! Isn't it awesome?!?! She is just beautiful!
Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and can't wait to hear all the great stories and see the beautiful pictures of your life as a family!
Post a Comment