Yesterday afternoon Delaney and I celebrated our one-week anniversary as a family. I actually can't believe it's been a week already since the papers were signed and she officially became my daughter. And it's only been not quite three weeks since the new agency accepted me and told me about this situation that might be developing. What a whirlwind. I will write more about all of that soon. We're settling in pretty well here at home - though I did jump back into work on a light scale already on Monday, so I'm looking forward to the weekend to try to get more organized and rested. I know, crazy about work, but it's working out ok since Delaney sleeps most of the time and I do work at home. Anyhow... on to the real reason you visit - pictures!
The first set below is an attempt to compare Abbie and Delaney's sizes - I don't think the shots do the differential justice but they crack me up anyway. As you can see, Abbie doesn't get too far away from us, but doesn't want to be too close either. But hmmm - notice how as soon as Delaney is not in the bassinet-type thing anymore (acquired in a big shopping trip at the big red megastore yesterday, which I think will work well for us) that a certain someone takes it over? Seriously - Abbie crawled in there somewhere around 8 this morning and she only JUST NOW finally crawled out of there. Too funny - apparently it appears to be just meant for her. We'll see who occupies it more.
Today was also our first official bath and as you will see it was not a big hit! I actually anticipated it to go this way, and I'm sure as we both get used to it things will go more smoothly. And in Delaney's defense, just prior to the bath challenge was a diaper blowout challenge where she did endure a bit more unpleasantness than she would have had to had I been a bit more on top of things. Anyhow - I must share the pics even though she'll someday wish I hadn't!
We had our first doctors appointment yesterday and Delaney was declared perfect! That comes, of course, as no surprise to her mama. She supposedly is up already to 6 lbs 8 oz - which seems like a huge jump so I'm not sure if that's a difference in scales or if she's really jumped that much. But she of course does need a bit of a gain so we'll just go with it.
Goodness - Abbie reclaimed the bassinet only 4 minutes after vacating it, and Delaney is snuggled in the crook of my arm again, so guess we will draw this post to a close!

9 comments:
I love the picture of her in the towel with the big pout on her face, like she is saying, "Oh mom! How could you have just done that to me?!?!" Ahh, she will grow to love baths eventually.
she is just so darn cute!! I love the Touchdown Jesus pose the best. :-)
so cute and soooo tiny!
She is SO beautiful!!!!I am so excited for you!!!! I cannot wait to hear the whole story and how you like the agency you used!
I just love how precious she is!! What a beautiful daughter you have. It has been a whirlwind for you!!
So sweet...love that pouty face : ) You are a natural at this...way to go Mama!
What great pictures! Looks like all is going well!
glad things are going well for you. She is such a cutie. The cat looks huge compared with Delaney.
Oh the little bottom lip! What a sweet pout!
Post a Comment