Very mellow day today - just Delaney and I hanging out visiting with the staff and a bit with the other family with a baby in Delaney's transition room. She's just an angel baby, very mellow and has been a good eater. It's funny, this morning before I got there she'd been fussy and not eating well, and tonight when I had to leave (shift change for staff) for a bit apparently she was crying again. But put her in my arms, and she's an angel baby. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come!
It sounds like I *might* get to bring her back to the hotel with me Monday rather than have to wait until the papers are signed Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it. But sounds like all is on track for papers to be signed mid-morning Tuesday. Though I don't anticipate any problems, it sure will be nice to have that done. Then we'll hang out and wait for papers to clear - a week or two hopefully no more.
So great day all around!
A couple of conclusions I've come to about Cincinnati (not the only conclusions, but prominent ones!): apparently they don't like to make it easy for you to figure out where you're going. For example, many cities clearly mark the turns to get on major highways. Not so much where I need to go! But everybody knows where the loopy thing is by the White Castle to get toward the entrance to the freeway! Also - nuttiest intersection I may have ever encountered, Vine and MLK. Honestly - no wonder I missed it the first times! If you've seen the intersection, I bet you agree. But I now have three straight problem free travels between the hospital and hotel, so I'm thrilled! I'll get a bit more adventurous (I'm told I must try the chili at Skyline) once the two of us are together and out and about on our own.
More tomorrow!

11 comments:
That's so cool she knows you already! And I love how you talk about Cincinnati - like you are in a foreign country! :)
wow, she is beautiful. All the best, Cindy
Oh my god - I don't check your blog for a few days and look what happens! Thinking positive thoughts for you and Delaney! Congrats!!!
She is beautiful! I am praying everything continues to go smoothly!
Oh my gosh..that pic of her holding your finger is priceless : )
Congratulations! She is precious!
Delaney is just perfect! Love the pictures!
She is so beautiful. Congrats!
She is adorable. Congratulations. We just adopted a baby girl domestically last July. It is so much fun.
Congrats! I followed the link to your blog from Karen's - what a beautiful baby! Congrats. I am so happy for you!
Such a cute little peanut! Sophia says hello!
-shawna and sophia
Post a Comment