Ok, are you all ready for the big reveal? The big news, the scoop, the deets?
Would you like to know if it's a boy or a girl, maybe how big and some pics? I know, I said I wouldn't post pictures until the paperwork was signed, but I CANNOT resist. You'll see why...
So as for boy or girl. It's obvious, don't you think? What do you suppose someone who named their blog "my little man from vietnam" would be blessed with upon shifting gears?
Yep, it's a GIRL! From Cincinnati, Ohio (you were right, Elaine, and I knew you'd guess!). Obviously there will be further tweaking of the blog name once things are settled!
She was born at 9 p.m. Thursday night weighing in at 5 lbs, 10 oz. She's a bitty little thing. I spent much of today rocking her and I'm just over the moon.
I know, what you really want are the pictures - who am I kidding? Here are a few to get you started:
(and yes - either I have a gigantor hand, which I believe was basically a Seinfeld episode plot once upon a time, or she really is tiny. If you go with the idea that I've got a gigantor hand, then you must also believe in gigantor pacifiers too, right? Or I have a funhouse style camera. Yes, I'm delirious - perhaps I'll make sense tomorrow after some sleep...)
Of course I will share more pictures as I get more organized and catch my breath a bit. I'm not quite sure when she'll get to leave the hospital with me - the relinquishment papers will be signed hopefully Tuesday morning, so she may not get to come with me until then but I'm hoping for earlier. We'll see. In the meantime the hospital staff has been very nice, my hotel and their staff is great, and I even made it "home" from the hospital tonight with zero wrong turns - I'm now 1 for 4 on direct drives between the hotel and hospital, which is progress!
And of course the rest of the big reveal. I think her name will be Delaney Annabelle. Annabelle after my Aunt A who I've mentioned before who is like the sister I should have had. She's an Ann but we often call her Annabelle and I just thought it was cute. Delaney just cause I like it. The name really seems to fit her (which is already generating the nickname Laney Belle from me), though I will wait to consider it final to see how everything falls into place.
Ok, I am truly deliriously happy and deliriously tired. I will explain soon just how this really could all happen quickly, as I know it seems absolutely nuts.
But in the meantime, thanks so much for all the excitement and well wishes - I'm thrilled to get all of your comments! And please keep up the positive thinking/crossed fingers/prayers until Tuesday morning when the papers are signed.
Thanks!

19 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! such a tiny little bundle, so much joy!!!
She is SO BEAUTIFUL~!! Congratulations!!!!!!I will pray for a smooth transition on Tuesday!!
Congratulations! Hope it all goes smoothly. She's beautiful!
awwwwwww she is adorable!!!! Prayers for you and the baby and her birthmother as decisions are made and papers are signed. Blessings!
Congrats, Stacy, and best wishes!
Stacy, she is beautiful. Congratulations.
Unbelievable -- I'm so very happy for you! I haven't checked by bloglines for a while, then I sign on today to read all three of your most recent in a row...I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you.
Wow- I am so happy for you! She is beautiful and had a beautiful name!
Oh wow if you need help in the great Cincinnati area let me know my best friend in the world lives there! I am over the moon for you and so happy that your family has at least started now! She is absolutely amazing!
Oh she is so beautiful! Congratulations! I love the name.
She is beautiful! And tiny! And your head is not big, she is just really, really, tiny. Congratulations!
Omigod--I go away for a couple of days and all of this happens. Wow. Unbelievable. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you, you're a mommy. And a girl, no less. So itty bitty. And so beautiful. You're in my prayers that all goes well on Tuesday.
Blessings,
Karen
She's gorgeous, that's how big/small my Braeden was. It goes by so quick. Prayers and blessings your way!!!
She is so gorgeous! Congratulations!!! I love the name, btw.
Oh my gosh - I don't read blogs for a few days and your whole world has changed! Congrats! She is just amazing! So tiny and beautiful!
She is gorgeous. Congrats on this amazing news.
She is PERFECT!! And looks so tiny. Congratulations!
Such a tiny little pumpkin! Congratulations, and I'll say prayers that all goes well on Tuesday. By the way, her name is precious, just like she is.
She is beautiful and I love the name too...the nickname is super cute : )
Post a Comment